We show our love for our country by voting. We show gratitude for our Veterans on Veterans Day. But what about the men and women and their families who keep our country running everyday and every time they go to work or report for duty?
There’s more than just ten easy ways to say “Thank you” for the sacrifices that are being made for us everyday, but we have to start somewhere.
Sharing the stories of soldiers is one way to show respect for US troops, thus the birth of a new site to exercise expressions of respect. Honor, Guts And Glory is a new website and on-line forum that allows visitors to testify to the traits of Americans who have made sacrifices for our freedom. It’s an exchange to share and archive the photos, videos and stories of our greatest heros…US soldiers.
How do you show YOUR respect? Tell us and we can add it to our far-from-comprehensive, ten-item list.
Ten Ways to Show Your Respect and Gratitude Besides Voting:
- Say “Thank you” when you see anyone who serves our country
- Fly an American Flag daily and a Veteran’s Day Flag on November 11th
- Donate to troops, or show support for organizations who support them – like the http:// www.woundedwarriorproject.org, http://www.VeteranOutdoors.com and honorgutsandglory.com
- Send a care package (USPS offers free boxes for priority mail and web searches reveal ideas for contents)
- Announce and celebrate homecomings widely, including on Social Media sites
- Keep servicemen, servicewomen and veterans in your thoughts and prayers
- Support our soldiers by supporting the families and legislation that support them
- Take a moment to reflect on Veteran’s Day
- Listen to, re-tell and document the stories that we’re made on America’s behalf
- Write letters to soldiers – mail is a big morale boost